Empowered Couples Therapy Intensives are personalized retreats & a powerful way for couples to reconnect, even after a significant rupture. Intensives effectively jumpstart the healing process and get couples to a place that would otherwise take 3-6 months. Most distressed couples find weekly sessions inadequate for addressing their situation. The change process is too slow. Often the work is just getting started, and the session is over. This is especially true for couples at a significant juncture due to an affair, addiction, or other major rupture. During Intensives, there is a luxury of time to stay immersed in relational growth. Having “all the time in the world” enhances our present-moment awareness and speeds up quantum change. Intensives are a powerful way to step away from everyday stresses and distractions temporarily. There is a focus & intensity to immersive learning that shifts established patterns and will allow couples to claim a new future together. An intensive will give you a visceral understanding of what is needed to live in connection and deep partnership.
WHICH COUPLES SHOULD CONSIDER DOING AN INTENSIVE?
- If you are in a crisis – but both partners want to try to make it work.
- If you are stuck in a negative interactive pattern and just can’t seem to stop fighting.
- If you feel distant, like roommates, and do not know how to be close again.
- If you just cannot make weekly counseling work with demanding schedules and/or the childcare shuffle.
- If you are a current client and you are realizing weekly sessions are not realistic.
- If you are a therapist and need anonymity, you are coming from out of town.
- If you would like to block time out of your daily life AND restore your marriage.
Frequently Asked Question
Are Intensives right for you?
Intensives are not for every couple. As you consider an intensive – please keep these things in mind:
- Couples in which one or both partners have an active addiction are not candidates for the intensive.
- If there is an ongoing affair – an intensive (or any couple therapy) is not an option.
- If you and your partner do not have the same goal for therapy, this is not a good format for you. In other words, if one partner wants to work on the marriage and the other does not – an intensive is not the place to decide if you want to work on the marriage. When a couple has the same goal, an intensive can be extremely rewarding.
- If being in the same room for a long time is intensely triggering (a potential trauma reaction) or you have not been able to be in the same space without being civil for a while- this format will not be productive.
- If there is active intimate partner violence, this (or any couple therapy) is not an option. Please visit this site for more information about intimate partner violence.
If after reading this information, you are unsure if you are a good fit for the intensive, please call (562-263-6041) or email email@example.com. We are happy to help assess if this is a suitable time for you to engage in this format of counseling. If it is not, we are also happy to help you find resources for you.
If you are coming from out of town, all ethical and legal guidelines for providing services are under my license in the state of California (including but not limited to HIPAA, confidentiality, reporting abuse, etc.). Allegations or evidence of abuse are to be reported both in the state where you reside and in CA (where services are provided). For virtual intensives, you will have to reside in CA.
As with any psychotherapy, results are not guaranteed.
Seven Principles to Make Marriage Work- Workshop for Couples
Dramatically improve your intimacy, connection, and friendship work.
Do you have difficulty communicating and understanding each other? Are you stuck, arguing in circles about the same issues? Or are you in a good relationship and would like to make it even better?
THEN, THIS COUPLES WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU!
Research shows that on average, couples wait 2.68 years* from the first sign of problems before they seek professional help. Increasingly, couples are proactive and getting the expert guidance they need to set their relationship up for success or fix their problems before they get worse.
Good relationships do not just build themselves without daily intentional effort, and problems do not just go away, without healthy conflict and communication skills. Act now and sign up for a couple’s workshop!
Register now to guarantee your spot, as space in each workshop is limited.
$525 per couple. This fee must be paid in advance to register for the workshop. Register and pay online by clicking on any of the following dates listed below.
COUPLES WORKSHOPS IN LONG BEACH, CA
UPCOMING 2023 WORKSHOP OFFERINGS:
SATURDAY, February 19TH, 2023
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS RELATIONSHIP WORKSHOP:
Foster respect, affection, and closeness
Build and share a deeper connection with each other’s inner world
Keep conflict discussions calm
Breakthrough and resolve conflict gridlock
Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
This class combines teaching and demonstrations with one-on-one work sessions where you and your partner focus on your relationship with each other. Confidentiality is strictly maintained. Although we encourage questions and comments, you do not need to speak in the workshop if you do not want.
MEET YOUR WORSHOP FACILITATOR:
Soni Dani-Cox, is a Seven Principles Program Leader who will lead the workshop and teach you what successful couples specifically do to create long-lasting loving relationships, as well as the benefits of a stable, committed relationship.
ABOUT THE APPROACH:
This program is based upon the New York Times bestseller, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by Dr. John Gottman, Ph.D.
Straightforward in its approach yet profound in its effect, the principles outlined in Dr. Gottman’s groundbreaking book teach partners new and startling strategies for making their relationships work.
For over 40 years Dr. Gottman scientifically analyzed the habits of married couples and established a method of correcting the behaviors that put thousands of marriages on the rocks. He helps couples focus on each other and the small day-to-day moments that, strung together, make up the heart and soul of any relationship.
This class is designed to strengthen your marriage or committed relationship. If you already have a strong relationship, this class will provide you with insights and tools to make it even better. If your relationship is distressed, this class will provide a road map for repair.
Research shows that on average, couples wait 2.68* years from the first sign of problems before they seek help. Please do not wait any longer to get help. Increasingly, couples are seeking relationship education before they even have any “problems.” Be proactive and learn what decades of research teach us about creating long-term, happy, and healthy relationships.
IS THIS COUPLES WORKSHOP FOR US?
The Gottman Seven Principles Program is designed for all couples in a committed relationship, including:
Pre-engaged couples (those considering marriage)
Engaged or Premarital couples (those taking steps towards marriage)
Every phase of relationships, from newlyweds to senior couples
Those who wish to enhance an already “good” marriage or relationship
Those needing better conflict management tools
Those considering couples therapy but who are not “ready” for weekly therapy yet
People of all backgrounds, ages, Faiths, sexual orientations, and relationship arrangements.
*If you are dealing with emotional abuse, domestic violence, unwanted touch, or substance abuse, this class is not appropriate, and you should instead seek individual or couple’s therapy.
THE PRICE FOR THE COUPLES WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
- The Seven Principles of Making Marriage Workbook
- The Seven Principles Companion Workbook allows you to privately record answers and journal thoughtfully about the concepts in the book, as they apply to your relationship. It takes users step-by-step through the interactive exercises in each chapter of The Seven Principles Book.
- “Love Map/Open Ended Questions” card deck. This deck is a fun and effective way for couples to get to know one another’s inner lives, thus increasing closeness and friendship.
- Engaging presentation and the opportunity for many exercises and conversations with your partner (if you go together).
- Soni will be available to provide personal support and guidance as needed.
- Refreshments (coffee) and light breakfast snacks will be provided. Please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks as well. Lunch will be on your own, with many restaurants nearby.
Space in each workshop is limited, so register now to guarantee your spot.
Where can I contact the organizer for the workshop?
Please call or text 562-263-6041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
We need a week before the workshop date to cancel to get a full refund
· WHO IS Soni dani-cox?
· Please see her info here.
· DO I HAVE TO TALK IN THIS CLASS?
IT IS NOT REQUIRED THAT YOU SPEAK DURIng this workshop
MARRIAGE WORKSHOP LOCATION:
Long Beach, CA
Email us at email@example.com
*Doherty WJ, Harris SM, Hall EL, Hubbard AK. How long do people wait before seeking couples therapy? A research note. J Marital Fam Ther. 2021;47;882-890. http://doi.org/10.111/jmft.12479